St Maarten, London, and all over the States!
We may have changed our blog address but don't worry, we've moved all our old posts here! Search for posts by location, archives, or the search box.

01 July 2013

Connecticut

Finally holding little Gabriella
Wow so I'm really behind on blog updates! I have had so much going on with traveling, visiting family, grad school courses, and then visitors here in London. I finally have a little time between classes that I can catch up on a few posts! 

To begin, I just finished 3 more classes for my masters, which will be finished in December! I have had so much work to do for those classes that keeping up to date with the blog definitely got pushed aside (in fact the last post was at the beginning of my term, when I still had some time). Though a lot of work, the classes went well. I am definitely enjoying the week off now! Owen is in his last week of his 12 week surgery rotation already! Hard to believe we've been here for 6 months now. The weather is nice today, with the sun actually shinning and it's almost 70* out. The last few days have been barely in the 60s though, which is tough when it's almost July. That's a few updates on life around here, more about our London visitors will be posted soon :)

So I spent almost 4 weeks back in Connecticut this spring, on either side of my brother in law's wedding in Colorado. It was a really great time at home, even though it was full of juggling course work and spending time with people. Of course I had a lot of time with my parents and brother. My mom and I went for pedicures before I went to Colorado, such a treat! We also did hot stones massages after Colorado. There were several family dinners, movie night, some shopping, a beach day with my dad, a day at the lake, and just lots of hanging out. Overall a really great time, between all the school work of course.

I finally got to meet my precious "niece" Gabriella and spend a lot of time with her, and her parents too of course, Michelle and Evan. I got some quality time in with Connor and Olivia too, and saw Aiden briefly. The kiddos are always a highlight of my time at home. It's so tough to be away from them all, but I love seeing them and watching them grow up. We had some family dinners out at Brunetti's, watched a thunder storm out there, and just enjoyed time together. It was very simple but much needed. 

Also had the chance to participate in the neighborhood tag sale, finally getting rid of the last of our big furniture. Funny after 3 years we no longer care to keep much of the stuff we thought we'd want. There was a neighbors bonfire one night, always a good time. I had the chance to see Sarah Bouckoms as well.

So those are the highlights from Connecticut. Here are a few pictures from my trip, sorry I don't have more. Look for more posts soon!





Misquamicut



This is the remains of the beach house we rented every summer. Sandy did a number on Misquamicut
High Dunes from all the sand washed up by Sandy
Watch Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment