St Maarten, London, and all over the States!
We may have changed our blog address but don't worry, we've moved all our old posts here! Search for posts by location, archives, or the search box.

15 July 2012

AOW- Deep Dives


Lion fish at FuShang
So I finally got around to getting my Advanced Open Water certification! I can now go to 40m/130ft. We did one day of basic dives with navigation, buoyancy, and search and recovery training. The more exciting dives were the second day; both deep dives to wrecks. The first was to the FuShang at around 110ft, my deepest dive yet. The other was the Porpoise at 90ft. Owen tagged along on the dives and got to do some "discover" tech diving with Chris. He used nitrox and a two tank system and was more independent on this dive, following his own dive computer. Overall it was a great day of diving and we look forward to doing more deep dives. I didn't bring my camera on these dives but another person did, so all pictures of these two dives are from Melissa Hollingsworth and James Pogue (thanks!). Here are just a few, but visit Deep Dives to see more. We'll be trying to get a few more deep dives in before we leave, so I'll be bringing my camera along next time.

**Notice the huge different in colors from the diving pictures in my last post. At these depths, everything just turns to shades of blue.
His sleeve (that I'm pointing to) was bright red on the surface and purple/blue at about 75ft
FuShang
Trying out the two tanks
Enjoying the independence 
Porpoise 
part of the Porpoise we got to "go in" basically a big opening that you can look around in (that's me with the fins)
Wrecks are so interesting with all the places to look around in
Tons of HUGE lobsters at Porpoise

No comments:

Post a Comment