St Maarten, London, and all over the States!
We may have changed our blog address but don't worry, we've moved all our old posts here! Search for posts by location, archives, or the search box.

25 March 2012

Regatta 2012


Well, the month of February was relatively quiet so not much to update on. However, March has been a bit more exciting. We started off with the 2012 Heineken Regatta. This year the wind was pretty strong so the races were much better. What took 2 hours last year was only 30 minutes or so this year, the boats were flying by! Friday, while Owen was in class, I headed down to the rocks at Cupecoy Beach with some friends to watch the races. Saturday, I had a going away lunch, but Owen went to the same beach as I did the day before. He and some friends set up the grill and had a cookout while watching the races. Sunday I went on a spectator/chaser boat with some spouses and teachers from the school I tutor at. We didn't get to go on a boat last year, and unfortunately exams were coming up so Owen was not able to go this year either (I don't think he cared too much anyway). It was pretty cool to be out on the water and in the middle of the races. Our boat got right in there and we had boats going all around us. I'm really glad I went out this year. Anyway here are a few pictures from the regatta, I'll have some more up on Picasa soon, so check under Picasa tab above this week. Up next: SABA!

View from just outside our apartment gate

Watching from the rocks
Love the spinnakers, always so bright and colorful

Beautiful day and location to watch from
Some of the spouses on the boat
Mullet Bay Beach and AUC
Near Marigot



Love watching how far they lean, amazing they don't tip over

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie and Owen,

    Thought I'd post a comment and add another remote country to your list of viewers...Sri Lanka. Its SO hot here, probably hotter than St. Martaan, well maybe. Kieran and I think its a great idea to walk around old ruins in the middle of the day in 35 degrees. I think eating ice cream and fresh fruit sounds way better! Can't wait to swap pics and stories. Sounds like you've been up to some fun. Your pictures are awesome, especially the underwater ones. Impressed that you went swimming with sharks - I never could!
    Talk soon and keep having fun,
    boux

    ReplyDelete