St Maarten, London, and all over the States!
We may have changed our blog address but don't worry, we've moved all our old posts here! Search for posts by location, archives, or the search box.

07 August 2011

Summer in the States

Chihuly
I just returned to the island after spending most of July in Connecticut (hence the lack of posts lately). I had a wonderful trip and was a little sad to head back to the island, although I was happy to be with Owen again. The weather was amazing, I spent the entire first day back outside. We had a cookout with the neighbors, I went to the town fireworks with one of my neighbors, then we had a bonfire on the street. It was the perfect adjustment back to life in the states. I did a lot of shopping for things we needed back on island. It was a little overwhelming to drive and shop with so many choices and people. It took a few days to get used to it all again. Aside from spending the first week shopping, I went to Misquamicut (my childhood beach) with my Dad, spent a lot of time with the rest of my family, hung out with some friends, got a few doctors appointments out of the way, and had a relaxing vacation. The next week was Michelle and Evan's wedding, details in the next posting. And my final week at home was more time with the family and relaxing. Overall it was a great trip home, though it went by way too quickly. Here are just a couple highlights.

Chihuly Art Exhibit at MFA Boston






Family Lake House


Landgren House (much different than the snowy pictures from the Christmas post)

"Pod 1"
AUC (red roofs)
Mullet Bay (our beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment